I didn't get much done today. The project got delayed by issues with the contact form. I wanted to use RFF as much as possible, so I went for the form feature within the programme. Besides, it has some nice styling options that I don't find in Coffeecup's Web Form Builder. On the other hand, the latter has other advantages, among others the CAPTCHA. I guess I can find a third party CAPTCHA 'out there' somewhere. But then it is the configuration! That's where it stopped. It has so far impossible to send a completed form directly from the website. Instead, it opens my mailer, and I can send it from there. I don't know if that is a bug or feature, but I'll work on it.
I have also thought a bit about the text on the contact page. I need to rewrite it a bit. I'll see about that later.
I decided to wait with the contact page a bit. It turns out that the 'back end' (scripts to make it work) of the form is not included in RFF, so I'll have to find some other solution.
Meanwhile I'll start on the index page, and I have dug out this wee picture, which has followed me through every version of my honey site, more or less like a logo, or as a 'fav icon'. It is now an old photo, taken in 2005 or even before that.
A bit later: I was able to finish the index page. It was a quick page in that I hadn't too much content for it. No sophisticated slide shows to display, just some text and a couple of images. Now the only thing remaining is to fix that Contact page. I guess I'll have to fire up Coffeecup's Web Form Builder...
With the Web Form builder I have created a new form. I was advised to use 'regular expressions' as the captcha, and that seems to work well. But there is a new problem, not related to the form or any Coffeecup programmes this time. The form does not work on the server where I need it! I have tested it on a different server, and that works fine, so I have now sent off a mail to the hosting company to ask what changes they have made. The old flash form on the older site doesn't work either, and it did at least up until a year ago. Waiting for a reply from the Dreamhost support...
No reply from the hosting company so far. In the meantime I have added some text to the contact page. A favicon to the pages, and also page titles, keywords and descriptions are also in place. I have no hope of reaching number one on Google's number one page, though, but that is not so important for me.
It took some time, but finally I got a reply from the hosting company saying that I had to use a mail address from my domain hosted with them for the 'from' addresses. So, I have a working form! :) That means the site is done, the only remaining job I have is to write some summing up on the next blog page.